My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

The stray cat saga continues

Dina is one of the cats who has been here from the beginning. She appeared as a kitten about four years ago with her siblings Thor and Lucy. As more and more cats ended up here, Dina got more uncomfortable and she began hanging out under the bushes of my neighbor's yard across the street. The neighbor didn't mind, but now new neighbors have moved in there, and the man who lives there hates cat. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he has never spoken to me except to once shriek from his yard, "keep your stinking cats on your own property".

Things seem to be getting worse - the other day he was chasing her, loudly stamping his feet, down his driveway. I'm worried he's going to eventually harm her. I've tried to get her to stay here, tried to get her to come inside, but so far it hasn't worked.

Today I called the vet and asked if they could keep her and try to find another home for her. I'm supposed to call back tomorrow to see what they have decided, but it doesn't look hopeful = Dina has lived outside her whole life and when I tried to get her to come inside, she began howling and running back and forth, looking for a way out. The vet people said that if she acted that way there, it would be too disruptive. The trouble with taking her to the SPCA is that she would almost certainly be put to sleep as a problem cat.

I will try to get her to come inside again but I dread how upset she will be and I doubt I will always be able to keep her inside without her slipping out past me and my cane. Must figure something out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dyan said...

This is really out there but I wonder if Jackson Galaxy would be interested in helping? :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I've seen some of his videos ... must go look stuff up. Thanks, Dyan.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home