My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 09, 2017

More on James Comey's testimony



The Five Lines of Defense Against Comey—and Why They Failed

[...] Friends of the president will reply that the Comey hearing did not produce a smoking gun. That’s true. But the floor is littered with cartridge casings, there’s a smell of gunpowder in the air, bullet holes in the wall, and a warm weapon on the table. Comey showed himself credible, convincing, and consistent. Against him are arrayed the confused excuses of the least credible president in modern American history.

I think there's no doubt that Trump is hiding something terrible .... he has constantly lied, he fired Yates after she made clear Flynn was colluding with the Russians, he privately asked Comey to end the investigation of Flynn and fired him when he didn't, he asked intelligence heads Coats and Rogers to end the FBI investigation, he met with Russians in the oval office and bragged about firing Comey and ending the investigation, his son-on-law is found to have tried to set up a secret communication line with Russia to defeat our own intelligence services .... the list goes on, but I think it's obvious that Trump himself is eyeball deep in something so awful he'll do anything to hide it. Special Counsel Mueller will find it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I agree completely. Today I read an interesting article from the NY Daily News. I didn't know most of it. I thought he was terrific yesterday, and now I like him even more.

5:07 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susan. Thanks for the link. Yeah, I like him a lot too.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home