My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 10, 2017

Holy Week: Tuesday & Wednesday



So what was Jesus up to after his entry into Jerusalem but before the Last Supper? The Synoptic gospels have him ...

- Cleansing the Temple. I've got to admit, I always find this story disturbing ... Jesus really angry and acting that out. But I think it's good for me to revisit it now and then because I don't think being holy or wise means being emotionally placid all the time, and I do think anger can be a good thing. So, in that spirit, here's the scene from Jesus of Nazareth ...



- And he was also telling the Scribes and Pharisees where to get off. When I watch this scene from Jesus of Nazareth, I so much wish Jesus was here today to say these words to the leaders of the Catholic church !!! ...



- And the Synoptic gospels have him making the Olivet prophecy, speaking to the disciples on the Mount of Olives about the future destruction of the Temple and his second coming, and the violent end of the world. I don't know if there's any depiction of this event in the movies. I guess I don't really believe this happened. It doesn't appear in the Gospel of John, and that gospel has Jesus giving a much more user friendly talk about the future ... John 14:1-4 ...

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling-places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going.

More on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home