My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 27, 2017

Mahershala Ali

I didn't get to see the Oscars (no tv) but kept up on what was happening via Google news. A bit of a mix-up over Best Picture ...



I haven't yet seen Moonlight ...

a 2016 American drama film directed by Barry Jenkins and written by Jenkins and Tarell Alvin McCraney, based on the previously unpublished play In Moonlight Black Boys Look Blue by McCraney. It stars Trevante Rhodes, André Holland, Janelle Monáe, Ashton Sanders, Naomie Harris and Mahershala Ali ... he film tells the story of a black man by following him through three episodes: as a young boy, as a teenager, and as an adult.

But I do know of the actor in the film who won the award for Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali ... he was one of my favorite actors in the tv series The 4400. Here's his acceptance speech for Moonlight ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home