My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Trump: bringing back torture

UPDATE: Despite Trump's apparent love of torture, GOP leaders speak out against torture after Trump comments. I never thought I'd be grateful to the Republican leadership for anything, but I am for this.

I have a question for all you Catholics who voted for Trump because he was pro-life: is Trump the torturer pro-life enough for you? Oh, wait, I forgot ... pro-lifers only care about the treatment of others *before* they're born.

- Trump Poised to Lift Ban on C.I.A. ‘Black Site’ Prisons ...

The Trump administration is preparing a sweeping executive order that would clear the way for the C.I.A. to reopen overseas “black site” prisons, like those where it detained and tortured terrorism suspects before former President Barack Obama shut them down. President Trump’s three-page draft order, titled “Detention and Interrogation of Enemy Combatants” and obtained by The New York Times, would also undo many of the other restrictions on handling detainees that Mr. Obama put in place in response to policies of the George W. Bush administration ...

- Donald Trump says torture 'absolutely works' -- but does it?

- Torture Is a Denial of Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home