My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 16, 2015

Misty

Singing this song to the cats tonight. I heard a lot of Johnny Mathis songs when I was a kid because my mom was a big fan. I just change one of the words when I sing it to the kitties ;) ...



Misty

Look at me
I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree
And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud
I can't understand
I get misty, just holding your hand
Walk my way
And a thousand violins begin to play
Or it might be the sound of your hello meow
That music I hear
I get misty the moment you're near
You can say that you're leading me on
But it's just what I want you to do
Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost
That's why I'm following you
On my own
Would I wander through this wonderland alone
Never knowing my right foot from my left
My hat from my glove
I'm too misty and too much in love
[repeat after music interlude]
Look at me

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh, gosh--that brought back memories of my teen years. My friends and I listened to Johnny Mathis all the time. I sang along with every song. Did your mom like Edyie Gorme too? She was another one I sang along with. But Johnny's voice was mesmerizing, at least to a 16-year-old.

6:46 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hee - I've memorized a lot of his songs too. I especially like Chances Are. Edyie Gorme ... no, not that I remember. I was probably more influenced by my grandfather's music - he liked polka and cowboys songs and those songs from 40s movie by Bing Crosby, like Moonlight Becomes You. I learned a lot of the lyrics so I could sing them to the cats :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

"Moonlight Becomes You" was one of my favorite Johnny Mathis songs. For some reason I have a vivid memory of listening to it at one of my girlfriends' houses. Sigh. ;-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

:) I must have seen the Bing Crosby movie on tv as a kid and always remembered the song from that. I think it was the Road to Morocco.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home