My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Downbelow Station



My latest kindle check-out from the library is Downbelow Station: The Company Wars by C. J. Cherryh. I had read it long ago and always wanted to try it again. Here's a bit about it from Wikipedia ...

Downbelow Station is a science fiction novel written by C. J. Cherryh and published in 1981 by DAW Books. It won the Hugo Award in 1982, was shortlisted for a Locus Award that same year, and was named by Locus magazine as one of the top 50 science fiction novels of all time in 1987.

The book is set in Cherryh's Alliance-Union universe during the Company Wars period, specifically late 2352 and early 2353. The book details events centering on a space station in orbit around Pell's World (also known as "Downbelow") in the Tau Ceti star system. The station serves as the transit point for ships moving between the Earth and Union sectors of the galaxy.


And here's a short article about the book from Tor - “Earth is one world”: C.J. Cherryh’s Downbelow Station

4 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Looks like my cup of tea exactly. Only 5 more of the Expanse series and 39 more of the Ring World series 'til I get to it:)

9:47 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Ring World :) I read the first book long ago and remember liking it. There were strange cat like creatures, I seem to remember? Did you ever read Lucifer's Hammer? I saw that's in audio on youtube - maybe I'll listen to that next while I walk, after I'm done with the star wars thrawn trilogy.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Richard said...

I'm sorry, I meant Discworld (Terry Prachett)...duh. But yes I know I read Lucifer's Hammer and probably Ringworld too. Both so long ago I could enjoy them again for the first time:)

2:35 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

O, I've never read any of Terry Prachett. Maybe someday :)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home