My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 28, 2015

The Man in the High Castle

UPDATE: uh oh - it looks like we can only watch the first episode, with the rest of the episodes not available until November. Boo hoo :(



The latest tv series I'm trying out is The Man in the High Castle ...

an American dystopian alternate history television series produced by Amazon Studios. The series is based on the 1962 novel of the same name by American science fiction author Philip K. Dick. The story is an alternate history of the world in which the Axis powers won World War II. The United States has been partitioned into three parts: The Japanese puppet state of the Pacific States of America, which comprises the former United States west of the Rocky Mountains; a German puppet state that comprises the eastern half of the former United States; and a neutral zone that acts as a buffer between the two areas, called the Rocky Mountain States.

I read the Hugo-Award-wining book when I was a teen, so I was interested to see there had been a series made of it. I've only seen one episode so far but I do like it and plan to watch the whole thing. Here's a review from The Atlantic: The Man in the High Castle: When a Nazi-Run World Isn't So Dystopian.

And here's a glimpse ....


3 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Cool. I'm watching it tonight!

3:36 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Me too :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Oh, or not :(

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home