My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 06, 2015

A home for the kittens?

Today my vet said she would take my four homeless kittens and find homes for them if I'd donate $100 for each. This is great news because they would probably have been euthanized if I had taken them to the SPCA, and their life here in my yard as cats number ten, eleven, twelve, and thirteen would not have been very good, I fear. This way they have a chance to be indoor cats who will get regular medical care and hopefully lots of attention and love. The only glitch might be if their eyes, which look drippy, are too badly infected - then the vet might not be able to care for them due to the cost. Fingers crossed! I will miss them, especially Daisy :( And I feel kind of like a traitor too, but I hope I will be giving them their best chance at a good life this way. Catching them will commence next week when my sister can help me. Hope it all works out.








6 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Have you considered a gofundme site? I'd donate.

3:15 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Noooo! ;) I don't mind spending the money when I have it - it's worth it. Thanks, though!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

They're beautiful, Crystal. You're not a traitor at all.

9:40 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susan. My sister and I were able to catch 2 of them today and take them to the vet. I feel sorry for Daisy's mother - she seems to be missing her. I miss her too. I'm not cut out for this :( I hope the vet can find people who will love them and take good care of them !

8:25 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I hope so too--and it seems very likely, since she promised to do so. Unusual for a vet to do that, given how stray cats/kittens abound.

4:57 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

The have always had cats and kittens there in the office for adoption since I started visiting them with my cays all those years ago. They do ask for a donation to help defray costs, but I guess it's their way of helping with the animal overpopulation problem. Right now there is a huge fluffy adult cat there named Opossum that is up for adoption :)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home