My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 17, 2014

What I read about today

- The Tacit Supernaturalism of Popular Science

- Robin Williams's death: a reminder that suicide and depression are not selfish

- There are so many popular misconceptions about the Middle Ages/Renaissance ... here's the debunking of one example ... Busting a myth about Columbus and a flat Earth.

- Stars in talks over Massachusetts Catholic church sex abuse case movie ... Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo, Stanley Tucci and Michael Keaton are in talks to star in a film about the Catholic church’s attempt to conceal sexual abuse by priests, according to multiple reports. The film, Spotlight, will follow the Boston Globe’s investigation into the decades-long cover-up of church sexual abuse in Massachusetts. The Globe’s Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting lead to the resignation of Cardinal Bernard Law, who had helped hide a history of serial abuse, and also precipitated a wave of similar charges across the US and the world.

- A letter from Stephen Fry to (a different) Crystal about depression.

- Everything You Know About Ebola Is Wrong

- As online anti-Semitism grows, so do efforts to counter it

- Some beautiful photos of bees :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Victor said...

Hi again Crystal!

The more I travel on the internet, it seems that the lest time I have in commenting and some might agree that it probably a good thing... :)

Anyway! I manage to have time to read a little about Robin Williams's death: a reminder that suicide and depression are not selfish.

Long story short! I don't have the time to give my honest opinion as to why I disagree with the writer's opinion and like he says in so many words, I'm entitled to my opinion...

Longer story shorter, I don't have the time and/or space to tell your readers that I believe that there are demons at work here and love to have us believe that they don't exist...

Here's a site below that might explain a little of what I want to say and although I agree with most said, I still won't be able to talk about GOD (Good Old Dad) and His Son who carried me in the early 1990's and saved me from many alien angel gods who still believe that they own US (usual sinners) because we don't have enough Faith...lol

http://mhuzzell.wordpress.com/2014/08/13/on-suicide-and-judgment-some-moral-considerations/

Go try to figure these Sunday Christians sinners? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYnS2N-Geq8


God Bless

7:03 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the link. Everyone's entitled to their opinion about the subject.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home