My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Links



- Alfred the Great's bones may have been found.

- OK, this isn't a link exactly but I want to share ;) I've been leaving out dry food for the homeless Mr. Scruffy cat. The dish is under a window and a few nights ago when looking out I saw a possum eating the food, and tonight there was a skunk ... eek!

- Court takes up whether buffer zone excessively limits free speech. The story is about whether free speech is daunted by a buffer zone protecting those who wish to enter a women's clinic from pro-life protestors. This made me think of a past documentary film, Lake of Fire. Roger Ebert gave the movie 3.5 stars in his review.

- Catholic Church Slammed At UN Over Sex-Abuse Handling ... and The Tablet asks, What difference will the Vatican's grilling at the UN make?

- a couple of old articles I saw recently that touch on the subject of divorce/annulment and leaving the priesthood ... Surely Rome can do better by former Jesuit James Ewens, and Pope Francis should consider the church's outdated annulment process by Fr. Peter Daly

3 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Uh oh, watch out for that skunk!

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Richard said...

Yeah I forgot about that part! One year we were terrorized by a family of skunks chowing down on Lois's outdoor stash of kitty kibble. We had to peek through the window and make loud noises before we could venture out.

5:42 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dina and Richard,

Yeah, and I've seen three other cats never seen before also eating the food. I forgot that I tried this once before years ago - left out food for the stray cats. The neighbors got mad because their cats came over to eat it, plus ended up with many stray cats to try to find homes for, some of them sick with feline leukemia. I'm not sure there's any other way I can help Mr. Scruffy, though :(

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home