My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 09, 2013

Some poems

A Boat - Richard Brautigan

O beautiful
was the werewolf
in his evil forest.
We took him
to the carnival
and he started
crying
when he saw
the Ferris wheel.
Electric
green and red tears
flowed down
his furry cheeks.
He looked
like a boat
out on the dark
water.


Moon - William Jay Smith

I have a white cat whose name is Moon;
He eats catfish from a wooden spoon,
And sleeps till five each afternoon.

Moon goes out when the moon is bright
And sycamore trees are spotted white
To sit and stare in the dead of night.

Beyond still water cries a loon,
Through mulberry leaves peers a wild baboon,
And in Moon’s eyes I see the moon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Brautigan: some of his novels had a strong impact on a younger me; the abortion, hawkline monster, confederate general. I'll have to check out his poetry. Didn't know he died so tragically :(

3:38 PM  
Blogger William D. Lindsey said...

Amazing poems, Crystal. Thank you for sharing them.

4:55 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Richard,

I remember his novels being popular but never read any. Just came upon the poem by accident :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi William,

Thanks :) I spent some time at the Poetry Foundation today and those two just sort of touched me.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home