My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 25, 2013

Some links

- If you're interested in the Stations of the Cross, the British Jesuit site, Pray-as-you-go, has an audio version with art by Caravaggio here

- What kind of spirituality does Pope Francis practice? He used to be a Jesuit but it's been noted also that he's a fan of CL. Does he still practices Ignatian prayer or something CL related? I don't know the answer, but I think it would be interesting. Meanwhile, Henry was kind enough to give me this link to the website of Communion and Liberation/USA, and John Allen wrote about CL for NCR back in 2005: What Comunione e Liberazione is.

- Remember The Shack? I wrote about the book in 2009 - Me and The Shack. Lee has a link to an interview at Christianity Today with the author of the book on his theology ... The Love Shack (uh oh, now I have that song in my head ;)

- Coming to a theater near you - A Fierce Green Fire - a documentary based on the book, A Fierce Green Fire: The American Environmental Movement by Philip Shabecoff, and directed by Mark Kitchell (Berkeley in the Sixties). You can read more about it in The Los Angeles Times - Sundance 2012: 'A Fierce Green Fire' tells environmentalist tale. Here's the trailer ...


3 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Thanks for your blog post link about the Sarajevo Hagaddah, Crystal.
I had only heard of the book, but now, after your post, I am happy to know the fascinating story of its history.

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Henry said...

- What kind of spirituality does Pope Francis practice?

Great question Crystal. I suspect that he practices Ignatian spirituality because CL does not have a "spirituality", per se. The lay people who follow Christ in a path of virginity have a "rule" and the Fraternity of CL has a book of hours, but the members of the Fraternity of Communion and Liberation are free to choose whatever "spirituality" helps them foster and maintain a relationship with Christ. I, for example, pray the "Examen" often. And, of course, I attend Daily Mass, pray the rosary, and daily Office - so we are free to use what we feel works for us.

I wish you and your sister a blessed Triduum and Easter - let's remember each other in a special way during these Holy days which highlight the extravagant, passionate, and gratuitous Love of God.

Henry

6:27 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the info. I think the part about fostering a personal relationship with Jesus is a big thing that Ignatian spirituality and CL have in common. That's something that you and I connect on, despite other differences we might have. Maybe that's why Francis likes CL?

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope you (and your sister too) have a great Easter, and I'll keep you in my thoughts :)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home