My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Richard the Lionheart



Richard the Lionheart's mummified heart has been analyzed. I found this pretty interesting because in college I was enthralled by medieval British history. The novels and movies that feature him are all over the map as far as accuracy goes .... for instance, the Robin Hood movies/books always made him sound like a great king but he was actually a rather bad king: he probably spent a year out of the ten of his rule in England, he lost Jerusalem in the third crusade, he married his wife for her lands and didn't get an heir, he made life difficult for the Jews in England, and he practically impoverished his citizens by getting captured and held for a huge ransom.

He died from a crossbow bolt wound that went bad and his body was somewhat parted out, his heart being buried in Normandy. A 13th-century Bishop of Rochester wrote that Richard spent 33 years in purgatory as expiation for his sins, eventually ascending to Heaven in March 1232. - Wikipedia ;)

Some novels I read in which he made an appearance ... Ivanhoe ... The kings of vain intent ... The Lute Player. He's been portrayed in a lot of movies too, the most recent one (I think) being Robin Hood, but the movie that made the biggest impression on me was The Lion in Winter.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victor! Victor! Victor! Why can't Ya simply listen to wo-man who make sense while talking about their spiritual Loving father and then Crystal won't have to delete and/or send your comments to the spam box. You should know that there are some hackers who are not agreable with much of what you write cause these so called alien hacker gods have come close to, for whatever reasons have con vinced Crystal that she should close her blog and/or start a new one before allowing some who might convince others that the sacred sacrament of marriage should truly is truly only be between a man and a woman NOW.

I'll close by saying that all Christians should try to love sinners while not agreeing with their sins.

Go Figure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwocVPaGsE

Peace

7:46 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor :)

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Victor said...

"Richard the Lionheart" "I" remember him Victor! Long story short, please tell him this when YA see him cause only dead people can talk to him NOW!

Give "IT" UP sinner vic cause YA know that "I'M" not dead yet and just because every single "ONE" of my cells were con vinced by that little retardo soul of this temple, I mean house, no, no, this body does not make "IT" right cause long story short, in the early nineties "Jesus" brought U>S (usual sinners) back to life and......

End YA say Victor? Butt we're not finished yet! We 92% godly cells have not given YA the message we have for "Richard the Lionheart" cause the last thing we want to be accused of being off topic if YA know what "I" mean NOW?

You really are mean sinner vic!

Crystal! We may as well face "IT" cause this sinner is too powerful for U>S NOW!

Remember when YA trusted Victor and YA sent him this below:

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your comment.

I can't figure out what to do about my blogging problems but i guess I'll try to start a new blog tomorrow and I'll have to think up some other name for myself too.

I'll write and give you the address and the name in case you might ever wish to visit the new blog.

Thanks,

Crystal

STOP "it" SINNER VIC! SAY WHAT YA MUST AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE NOW!

Whow! Victor! Victor! Victor! Don't go and buy a polar bear cause some bodies are going to think that you're going a little crazy NOW!

Sorry!

That's better NOW! Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, "I" smell human flesh, bones and blood of an English Mon in the cream a tore me rum, I mean crematorium NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJTclbBKxKk

Got to go NOW!

"ONE" second sinner vic! Did any of my so called 7% "Jesus" say anything?

Well NOW that YA mention "IT", "ONE" of them did say something like, If today you should hear MY Voice, harden not your heart butt don't worry bout "IT" cause no body really listens to HIM nowadays, if YA know what I mean?

Go Figure NOW! :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1xJwZYVgj8

I hear YA folks! You're funny Victor! :)

Peace

10:59 AM  
Blogger Dina said...

Interesting. One of the very few people statues we have in Jerusalem is of Richard and Saladin facing each other, on horseback.

The the movie, ahh, how can anything with Peter O'Toole not be good!

12:26 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the link - I don't normally hear much country music :)

1:12 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dina,

I like him too. Did you ever see Lawrence of Arabia?

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home