My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Romney and the environment

ThinkProgress has a series explaining what actions Romney will likely take on certain issues if he wins the election. One issue that's important to me is the fate of the environment. Here's a bit of the article - read the whole thing to get the supporting details and links ...

What Would a Romney Victory Mean for the Environment?

[...] 1. States would oversee fossil fuel development on federal lands .... 2. Regulations would be weakened .... 3. Coal companies would get to do pretty much whatever they want .... 4. He would open new areas to drilling .... 5. The Keystone XL pipeline will be approved .... 6. Greenhouse gas emission regulations would be halted .... 7. Say good-bye to new fuel-economy rules. .... 8. No more clean-energy loans ...

I'm sad to say I have not seen a single Catholic blog mention the environment in discussions about the upcoming election, even given the Sandy storm. Wake up, people - do you really want the future to look like Soylent Green meets Blade Runner? ;) I jest, sort of, but really this is serious - for the sake of our environment, vote for Obama.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

A friend and I drove to Chicago about a month ago. It was amazing to see all the wind turbines lining the freeway through Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa. And in a single day I saw at least twenty trucks hauling these huge 30' turbine blades for installation somewhere in the area. Wind energy, solar, geothermal all = jobs and high tech manufacturing. I'd hate to see the end of this alternative energy initiative. Years ago when I worked in Wyoming all you saw were drilling rigs. This trip through I didn't see a single one.

4:34 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Richard,

I've never been to Chicago but I'm reading a series of books that take place there - it sounds interesting.

I remember that in one of the recent debates, Romney mentioned a few times that Obama was spending money on green energy, as if that was something he should be ashamed of. I sure hope Romney doesn't win.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home