My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Obama supports same-sex marriage



Yeah, in the UK Cameron has long been a supporter of same-sex marriage, but here in the US where religion seems so integral a part of a presidential candidate's qualifications for election, it's big. And a really good thing, and a brave thing :)

Gay marriage support: Obama's most courageous move

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama's blockbuster announcement that he is in favor of full marriage equality is the most courageous thing he has done since he entered the White House three and a half years ago.

Coming after his successful strategy to get Congress to repeal don't ask, don't tell so that gays and lesbians can serve openly in the military and the decision of his Justice Department to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act in federal courts, he has now done nearly as much for gay people as Lyndon Johnson did for African-Americans with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

People like me, who were among his most passionate supporters in 2008, felt a sense of gigantic relief. The man who seemed like such a courageous candidate four years ago finally sounded like a genuinely courageous president .....



3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I agree: a good thing and a brave thing.

12:29 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi susan,

Yeah, it sems almost surreal to have a president that actually appears to be a good person :)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Victor said...

(((Yeah, it sems almost surreal to have a president that actually appears to be a good person :)))

Crystal as you know I've always believed that The Blessed Sacrament of Holy Matrimony was only between a woman and a man and I thought that Jesus made that fact so clear when He said in so many words that a man will leave his mother and become "ONE" with his wife. I'll continue to believe that until GOD tells me otherwise and that include after death.

I know that I'm not a bad person and I also know that Our Heavenly Father would never miss lead me, my soul and my spirit.

The way I see "IT" now is that everyone has the right to believe what they want and I'll continue to believe that a grave injustice has been done to me by lost human sins who think that they are gods and if "IT" makes them happy, who am I to stand in there way even if if I thought I could do something about "IT"?

I agree that we will have to continue to agree to continue to disagree and when "IT" becomes completely legal in Canada, well then, they can have the wedding finger and I'll wear my ring around my neck cause I'm certainly not going to agree that a man marrying another man and/or a woman marrying another woman is right in GOD's Eyes simply because our lost sins who have found all kinds of mates in the galaxies and who are stronger than "MAN" and "Women" but not stronger than "Our GOD" who created us in HIS OWN IMAGE but because the angels were jeolous, who GOD also "LOVE",long story short "IT" is HIS Call and what HE Tells me, I'll accept.

I could go on and on but what's the use cause "IT" is obvious to me that "IT" is NOW sins of gods vs God and He certainly does not need my help in whatever He chooses to do.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2012/05/10/obama-gay-marriage-and-the-free-birth-control-rule/

Peace

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home