My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Angel, Leibniz, Kant


- Angel (the vampire :)

I've never been able to believe, like Leibniz, that this is the "best of all possible worlds", and I instead agree with something once said by Angel to his son ... Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh, and cruel. But that's why there's us - champions. Doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world is as it should be, to show it what it can be.

I was reminded of that when I saw a video clip of philosopher Susan Neiman, Director of the Einstein Forum, on Kant and the difference between the way the world is and the way it should be. It began with this quote from Kant - Act as though the principle of your action were to become by your will a universal law of nature.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home