My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Angelicum

I came across an interesting place by accident today - the Angelicum. Also known as The Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas, it's the Dominican university of Rome.

I don't know a lot about the Dominican order -- sometimes I visit the Godzdogz blog and I know there's a Dominican college at Oxford, Blackfriars, and I know that it was the Domicans who were appointed to carry out the medieval Inquisition (yikes!), and lastly, I know that Thomas Aquinas, Fra Angelico, Herbert McCabe, Timothy Radcliffe, and James Alison are/were Dominicans. It's interesting to learn more :)

The Angelicum has its own YouTube Channel, and here's a really nicely done video from the Dominicans of the British Province ....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home