My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vampires



Latest book from the library is I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. It's the book from which the movie of the same name was adapted, the one with Will Smith, which so far I haven't seen. Here's a little about the book from Wikipedia ....

I Am Legend is a 1954 science fiction/horror novel by American writer Richard Matheson. It was influential in the development of the zombie genre and in popularizing the concept of a worldwide apocalypse due to disease. The novel was a success and was adapted to film as The Last Man on Earth in 1964, as The Omega Man in 1971, and as I Am Legend in 2007 .....

I'm still near the beginning of the book but it's actually pretty good so far. The main character has spent the last five months alone in the world (as far as he knows) among a horde of not zombies like in The Omega Man :) but vampires, created through a widespread plague. Spending a lot of time alone as I do, I can kind of identify with the guy in the book, so it's a bit grim and sad reading, but still it's quite decently written.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home