My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Jesuit secrets



My sister just sent me the above photo of a book I had given her - The Secrets of Jesuit Breadmaking by Rick Curry SJ - and the cornbread she made from a recipe within it :)

Br. Rick Curry is an interesting guy - he's a Jesuit of the New York Province and besides writing a cookbook he's also interested in acting and has started a National Theatre Workshop for the Handicapped. He himself is missing an arm, but he hasn't let it stop him from becoming an actor - he was in an episode of the tv series Monk, and has a page at the internet movie data base.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Now I know "whats for dinner"...Cornbread. Yum!

3:17 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Richard,

I just had some of the cornbread - interesting recipe with sweet potatoes and pecans too :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Liam said...

From my experience with the NY Jesuits, I don't know if they're good at cooking (though my friend Steve whips up a great cosmo), but they eat very good food prepared by others. We try to get invited to the Jesuit house on 16th street for dinner as much as possible.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

I believe it must have been Rick Curry who I saw on a cooking show a year or so ago. He was demonstrating how to make bread. I wonder if his cornbread is as good as mine. ;-)

8:11 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Liam,

What is the Jesuit house like? I've never been to a religious community.

9:31 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Susan,

You should post your recipes - I'd love to see them :)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home