My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lucky Man


- Emerson, Lake ,and Palmer - Royal Albert Hall

He had white horses
And ladies by the score
All dressed in satin
And waiting by the door

Oooh, what a lucky man he was

White lace and feathers
They made up his bed
A gold covered mattress
On which he was laid

He went to fight wars
For his country and his king
Of his honor and his glory
The people would sing

A bullet had found him
His blood ran as he cried
No money could save him
So he laid down and he died


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog. Very thoughtful AND friendly. I enjoy the items you imbed. If I had an account I'd ask you to be my friend. I am looking at starting a blog and, because of your site, think Blogger might be a good choice. I am currently on My Space and it's not quite my cup of tea.

Have a good day!

2:45 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Mark. If you do decide to have a blog, stop by and leave a link.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hi Crys,

One of my all-time favorite songs. Thanks for posting it.

Did you ever hear ELP's version of the hymn Jerusalem? It's great.

8:18 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Jeff,

nope, I haven't heard that. I'll have to look it up.

1:14 AM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

Oh man, memories. High school. A party. A girl. Uh... agricultural products. Lucky Man playing on the stereo. Song stuck with me for a long time after that.

Taurus, no?

3:28 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Taurus ... are you a Taurus? I'm a leo, like Liam.

4:50 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

Taurus: No, I was trying to remember the name of the album "Lucky Man" was on.

I'm a Sagitarrius [sp?]. Though I know nothing about it.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home